With the 2013 IndyCar season officially coming to an end this weekend, the series has released the 2014 season schedule. Though there are no new venues on next year’s slate, there will be plenty of intriguing events, most notably the inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis on May 10. A few notes regarding the schedule;
- The season will begin on March 30 in St Petersburg, and will end August 30 in Fontana.
- The 3 Triple Crown events (Pocono, Indy, Fontana) will all be 500-mile races next year.
- Milwaukee has been moved to August, and Houston to June.
- Long Beach (2nd) and Barber (3rd) have swapped positions this year, and the race at Barber will take place on a Saturday. There are a total of 8 Saturday races in all.
- The double-header events will be at the same locations – Detroit, Houston, and Toronto
- Texas, Iowa, and Fontana will all be night races
- Baltimore and Sao Paulo are the two events that will not return in 2014. Mark Miles said the Brazil race could be added later if a contract can be finalized.
Here is the full 2014 IndyCar schedule: